Every mother teaches her children, whether you have just a few minutes a day or 24/7 to be teaching, you CAN and DO teach your Children!

This is just a little notebook tucked away on the web for all the little things I'm learning as I teach my children, but mostly learn from them, and especially the things I wish I could have known 6 children ago! Becoming a Mother is such a beautiful and strenuous process that unfolds line upon line.

Enjoy and please feel free to contribute thoughts, links, and ideas you have or find!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Admire-ation

A thought I'm pondering on, what promotes the true love and admiration of ones loved-ones?  Both the giving and receiving end of that love and admiration?  The dictionary says that Admiration is "respect and warm approval and pleasurable contemplation"; Admire is "regard with respect or warm approval, look at with pleasure"; Love is "an intense feeling of deep affection, a great interest and pleasure in something". How many of us long to be looked at with love and admire-ation (combined admire and admiration)? And yet how often does it happen? Yesterday, I did something that promoted that look of pleasure, warm approval, and deep love in the eyes of my dear husband. And it struck me to the core that it has been a little while since I've seen that look. I'll admit that being a woman (and a pregnant one at that ;-) my first thoughts about it were not admirable, I was hurt and upset that he doesn't look at me like that as often now as he used to. As I was contemplating why that might be, it started to dawn on to me that maybe it was because I was not promoting those feelings of respect, warm approval, and pleasurable contemplation in him as often as I used to.  I know that he loves me and I love him!  Truly I believe that our marriage in many ways gets better every year, but that does not mean that there are not areas that don't need some work, polishing and shining it to make it sparkly again.  (Have you ever read the  "Eternal Marriage and the Parable of the Silverware"?  It is a great book!)  And what about my four adorable little boys?  How often have I seen that look of loving admiration in their eyes?  More importantly when have the 5 most important men (man & 4 little men) in my life seen that look in my eyes?  What am I doing to inspire that love and admiration for me in them and to find the things in each of them that inspire it in me?  Much to think and ponder on...  I'm looking forward to listening to General Conference today and see what messages the Prophet and Apostles have to share with us today and tomorrow, maybe some will have a lot to do with the things that I need to focus more on, like taking time to love and truly admire and show that love and admiration to the people who are most important in my life.  Because we all need to see that look in someones eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every child and every adult is individual and different! When you are doing your best and seeking inspiration as to what is best for your child(ren) you will be given the guidance that you and they need. It likely will be quite different than what I or someone else is doing, but you need to do what is right and best for your child. I hope that some of my experiences can help someone on their quest to learn how to become all that they can become, I am glad that I have recorded them!

Please join in and share thoughts, tips, and things that will help uplift and enrich mothers, children, and families!